What is the Miracle League all about? It is a baseball league for children with disabilities. Attached is an information sheet on YMCA’s youth program at the Joe Nuxhall Miracle League Fields and a link to learn more about the Miracle League Fields (https://nuxhallmiracleleague.org/).
What does a buddy do?
- Provide an encouraging, interactive experience with each player before, during, and after the game.
- Enjoy the game of baseball together.
- Buddies will also assist players to help them get a hit, circle the bases, and score a run each inning. Buddies will provide assistance in the field of play, as well as during their time between innings in the team dugout.
- See the attachment for more information.
- Games are on Saturday mornings. Seasons run April – June and August – October.
We can take one-time, group, individual and/or long term volunteers!
If you’re interested in volunteering please contact Dave at email@example.com
St. Vincent De Paul
St. Vincent de Paul relies on volunteers. Throughout the year, over 2,000 volunteers assist in our programs. Individuals are needed to help at the donation door, serve meals, assist in the dorms, and help at a front desk. Groups help with laundry, sorting donations, and serve and provide meals. All students interested in volunteering will need to complete a student volunteer application. You may apply online at https://stvincentdayton.org/volunteer/, then attend a new volunteer orientation. To apply as a volunteer, please download the application, fill out and save the form, and email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org Volunteers must be at least 14 years old and volunteer onsite with a parent or another approved student volunteer.